If you currently have specific skills in a trade, Master Builders Education and Skills Development helps you earn a nationally recognised qualification on your pathway to a trade licence.
The online application process for on-site RPL is a 3 step process and includes the following instructions:
- See our range of courses below. Click on the relevant RPL course webpage.
- Enter your contact details
- Complete our free online career quiz
Step 1 should take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete. There is no cost to complete this process.
Only if you are successful in completing the Technical Industry Questionnaire you will progress to the next stage of the application process.
- If you are successful in stage 1, we will provide you with an online link to our RPL portal for you to provide information on your recent work history and referees
- Master Builders will proceed with the reference check. If completed successfully you may be invited to enrol into the course by email.
- Complete the online enrolment form
- Read and accept the Student Handbook terms and conditions
- Receive your payment plan. Payments can be made online or by invoice
Stage 2 should take approximately 10 business days.
If your application is approved, you will finalise your enrolment:
- You receive your RPL kit, which includes instructions and guidance on tasks to complete
- You answer knowledge-based short answer questions
- A Master Builders Assessor will visit your work site to undertake the assessment of practical, project-based tasks (this may require multiple visits to the work site)
- You gather a portfolio of evidence as guided by a Master Builders Assessor which includes methods such as video and photographic evidence
- You submit your portfolio of evidence to your assigned Assessor
- Your Assessor will review and assess your evidence and complete your RPL assessment process
- You will receive feedback on your RPL outcomes, including any further training required
Contact us for more information.
Master Builders Offer A Range Of Courses That Recognise Your Skills On-Site:
Benefits of successfully completing a nationally recognised qualified
- Update existing skills with industry best practice training
- Be on the pathway to a trade licence
- Improve and grow business capabilities and performance
- A Master Builder’s qualification improves professional reputation
Information to help you be a licensed trade professional in NSW
NSW Fair Trading provides all licensing for tradespeople who work in the building and construction industry of New South Wales. Find out everything you need to know about becoming a licenced trade professional on the NSW Fair Trading website. To apply for a NSW building licence you must have the required qualifications and industry work experience as stipulated by NSW Fair Trading.
NSW GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED TRAINING
Master Builders has a contract with the NSW Government (Department of Industry) to offer and provide training and assessment programs under the government's Smart and Skilled program. Eligibility and course availability criteria apply. To find out if you are eligible visit the Smart and Skilled NSW website. Master Builders learning consultants can also assist you with your enquiries.
OUR TRAINING LOCATIONS
Training is offered across our Sydney and regional locations including Newcastle, Ballina, Wollongong, Port Macquarie, Gosford, Ulladulla, Orange and Albury. Search our Education and Skills Development website and filter by location for course offerings and availability in your region.